Friday, December 11, 2009

Speaking of Avatar Performances

The creators of Second Front are documented here speaking about the emergence of virtual art performances; some benefits and theory behind their group;and why this all came about. I chose this as my closest video to my artist statement because I think their dialogue describes my curatorial intentions well. With this link to their website you can take a deeper look inside this performance group. Take specific awareness to the dialogue matching with the avatars. The idea of anonymity comes into play here for specific reasons. The virtual world allows artists to maintain somewhat anonymous, especially on Second Life because individuals create an identity that doesn't have to share any characteristics of their own actual life.

No comments:

Post a Comment